Certificate of Achievement in Industrial Automation
This certificate prepares students for advanced level employment in the fields of industrial automation, industrial machine repair, industrial electrician, medical engineer, and food service machine technicians. Students completing this certificate will acquire employment skills in the area of electricity, motor controls and programmable motor drives, programmable logic controllers, human machine interface programming, and advanced instrumentation design and repair.
- Design, and troubleshoot an advanced industrial automation electrical circuit with a multi-meter to industrial standards.
- Read a schematic, repair and maintain the mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic circuits found in a system of machines that comprise an automated process.
- Design, program, troubleshoot, and interface both programmable logic controllers (PLC), and variable frequency drives (VFD), and HMI's in an automated process.
- Weld with GTAW to perform purge welds in stainless tubing.
- Identify, interpret and make repairs on instrumentation sensors, pumps, and recording equipment.
- Possess the skill set to purchase the components of an automated system as needed.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be prepared for employment in the following fields: Industrial Automation technician, industrial maintenance technician, industrial machine operator, industrial electrician, hospital engineer, and food service machine technician.
|REQUIRED CERTIFICATE COURSES||27|
|ITEC 276||Adv Prog Logic Controllers||3|
|ITEC 282||Fundamentals Process Control||4|
|ITEC 283||Instrumentation 1||4|
|ITEC 284||Instrumentation 2||4|
|ITEC 285||Data Transmission/Comm||4|
|ITEC 286||Human-Machine Interfacing||4|
|ITEC 287||Advanced Automation Project||4|
The Certificate of Achievement requirements include completion of the certificate courses with a “C” or better grade in each course. Required and support courses may be substituted with the approval of the Industry & Technology Division Chair.