Skill Certificate in Automotive Emissions Technology
Students completing this certificate will acquire skills and knowledge required by the State of California, Bureau of Automotive Repair in preparation for the Automotive Technician's emission examination.
- Use the proper automotive terminology to discuss systems operation, methods of diagnosis and needed repairs.
- Prepare a written estimate of needed system repairs and estimate the related costs.
- Practice safety in the repair and service associated with electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate abilities to describe construction components and apply necessary skills for their respective approach to select the proper method to diagnose, repair and test automotive systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of automotive diagnostic equipment to evaluate system performance and determine needed repairs.
Entry-level employment opportunities include, but are not limited to, automotive emissions equipment testing, emissions equipment repairs, or emissions equipment testing and repairing. A separate state license is required for both.
|REQUIRED CERTIFICATE COURSES|
|AUTO 243||Auto Adv. Computer Controls||5|
|AUTO 263||Emissions & Diagnostics Lvl 1||4|
|AUTO 264||Emissions & Diagnostics Lvl 2||2|
The Skill Certificate requirements include completion of the certificate courses with a “C” or better grade in each course. Required and support courses may be substituted with the approval of the Industry & Technology Division Chair.