The Automotive Technology department offers multiple programs that prepare students for entry-level employment and/or potential further study in the fields of Automotive repair, Automotive Air Conditioning, Brake Systems, Chassis, Automotive Electrical, Emissions, Engines, and Power Train Systems. Students completing these degrees/certificates will have a basic foundation for Automotive Technology and skills that include working safely in the automotive shop and performing repair tasks correctly and safely utilizing the correct tools.
Career opportunities include preparation for careers or employment in automotive and transmission disassembly, repair or rebuilding; diagnosis and repair or replacement of clutch assemblies, diagnosis, repair and servicing of differentials, electronic and electrical systems; suspension and steering systems, brake systems; heating and air conditioning, drivability and engine performance.
Automotive Technology Faculty Contact
Donal Howell | (559) 730-3788 | email@example.com
Industry and Technology Division Chair
Dean of CTE and Workforce Development
Thad Russell | (559) 688-3027 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tulare College Center: Building A - A107 | Tulare Campus
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Brake Systems
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Chassis Technology
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Emissions Technology
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Engine Technology
- Skill Certificate in Automotive Power Train Systems Technology
For a complete list of courses and descriptions visit: COURSES