Associate of Science in Agricultural Technology (AS)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment in the field of Agriculture Technology or Agriculture Irrigation through the study of agriculture equipment maintenance and repair, basic equipment construction and fabrication or through the study of irrigation systems, pumps, wells, valves, and system automation. Students will acquire skills in uses of tools and equipment necessary for modern farming operations.
- Students will demonstrate safe habits in the workplace.
- Students will demonstrate the necessary technical skills as accepted by the industry.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: general agriculture, sales and service of agriculture equipment, equipment manufacturing, agriculture mechanics, agriculture irrigation technician.
This degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS||25|
College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE)
|REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES||15|
|AGTC 106||Agriculture Welding||3|
|AGTC 201||Intro to Ag Power Equipment||3|
|AGTC 210||Ag Project Construction||3|
|PLSI 108||Water Management||3|
|WEXP 193 F||Agriculture Wrk Exp-1st Sem||3|
Select 15 units from the following courses:
|AG 110||Ag Leadership||3|
|AGMT 108||AG Business Computer Apps||3|
|AGTC 103||Farm Power||3|
|AGTC 202||Farm Equipment Construction||3|
|AGTC 212||Welding Power Sources/Applicat||1|
|AGTC 219||Irrigation System Design||3|
|AGTC 220||Irrigation Wells and Pumps||3|
|AGTC 222||Irrigation System Installation||3|
|AGTC 225||Advanced Ag Power Equipment||3|
|PLSI 118||Advanced Irrigation||3|
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair),
- General Education requirements,
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).