Library/Learning Resource Center
Visalia Library/Learning Resource Center (LRC)
Location: Visalia Campus - Lodgepole Building | Hours: Monday – Thursday: 7:30 am – 8:00 pm | Friday: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm | Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Library/LRC supports student success, community advancement, and information literacy by providing equal access to quality resources and services to our students, faculty, and staff in a safe and inclusive environment. All students are invited to use these services. The first floor is comprised of a large computer lab with printers and staff to assist students and faculty, a librarian is available at all open hours to assist with research and citation, our periodical (newspaper and journal) collection, reference collection, Circulation Desk, large group study rooms, and all tutorial services. The second floor holds most of the print collection. There are tables, lounge seating, study cubicles, and group study rooms where students can find a quiet place to work or to read. There are also two classrooms upstairs for regularly scheduled classes and workshops (Lodgepole 203 and 205). Both of these rooms are equipped with computer and audiovisual equipment.
- Ask a Librarian Desks: A librarian is available at all locations to provide drop-in library consultations to support students with research help (finding reliable sources for your class projects and assignments), locate textbooks (eBooks and academic articles online), utilize library resources, cite sources, and much more.
- Student Helpdesk: The Library/LRC has a Student Helpdesk to assist students in utilizing computers. Staff can assist with password reset, Canvas, MyGiant, BannerWeb, Office 365, formatting, student email, and more.
- Study Rooms: The Library/LRC in Tulare and Visalia have study rooms for students to use. Students may reserve a study room for up to 2 hours.
- Items for Checkout: Books, textbooks, calculators, anatomical models, laptops, wi-fi hotspots, and headphones are available for checkout. All locations offer a print collection based on the course offerings of the campus; students may also request library materials from any COS campus.
- Databases: Academic content such as articles, journals, magazines, newspapers, and streaming videos through paid subscriptions to all students. These databases can also be accessed off-campus using MyGiant.
Distance Education Support Services
The Library/LRC supports distance education students by offering the following services:
- Online Library Resources: Students have 24-hour access to thousands of online resources through the Library’s academic databases, films/video collections, and eBook collections.
- Librarian by Appointment: The Library/LRC provides a suite of Ask A Librarian research assistance by appointment, email, phone, and chat. Make an appointment to meet with a librarian. You can also chat live with a COS Librarian.
- Online Tutoring: Students have 24-hour access to online tutoring through NetTutor using the NetTutor icon in MyGiant.
- The Library/LRC Student Helpdesk and student workers can help students with computer login and accessing their MyGiant portal, COS email, BannerWeb, password reset, mobile printing, OneDrive, Office 365, and Canvas.
Hanford & Tulare Library/Learning Resource Center (LRC)
Location: Hanford Campus - Education Building, E66 | Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Location: Tulare Campus - Upstairs in Building A | Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
|Phone: Hanford: (559) 583-2538 | Tulare: (559) 688-3087|