Library/Learning Resource Center
Visalia Learning Resource Center (LRC)
|Location: Visalia Campus - Lodgepole Building | Hours: Monday – Thursday: 7:30 am – 8:00 pm | Friday: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm | Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm|
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) in Visalia encompasses the Library, Tutorial Center, Math Lab, Writing Center and Student Helpdesk. All students are invited to use these services. The first floor is comprised of a large computer lab with printers and staff to assist students and faculty, a librarian is available at all open hours to assist with research and accessing resources, our periodical (newspaper and journal) collection, reference collection, Circulation Desk, large group study rooms, and all tutorial services. The second floor holds most of the print collection. There are tables, lounge seating, study carrels, and group study rooms where students can find a quiet place to work or to read. There are also two classrooms upstairs for regularly scheduled classes and workshops (Lodgepole 203 and 205). Both of these rooms are equipped with computer and audiovisual equipment.
|Location: Visalia Campus - Lodgepole Building|
|Phone: Visalia: (559) 737-3825|
- Ask a Librarian Desk: A librarian is available at all locations to provide drop-in library consultations to help students locate resources, utilize library resources, and cite sources.
- Librarian by Appointment: Students can make a one-on-one appointment with a librarian using the LRC Reservations icon in MyGiant.
- Student Helpdesk: The LRC has a Student Helpdesk to assist students in utilizing lab computers. Staff can assist with Canvas, MyGiant, Banner, Microsoft Office and formatting, student email and more.
- Study Rooms: The LRC in Tulare and Visalia have study rooms for students and faculty to use.
- Items for Checkout: The LRC offers books, textbooks, calculators, anatomical models, laptops, wi-fi hotspots and headphones for checkout.
- Databases: The LRC offers academic content through paid subscriptions to all students. These databases can also be accessed off-campus using MyGiant.
Distance Education Support Services
The LRC supports distance education students by offering the following services:
- Online library resources: All students have 24 hour access to thousands of online resources through the Library’s academic databases and eBook collections.
- Research Assistance: The LRC provides Ask A Librarian research assistance by email.
- Online Tutoring: All students have 24 hour access to online tutoring through NetTutor using the NetTutor icon in MyGiant.
- The LRC Student Staff and student workers can help students with computer login on campus and assist students in accessing their COS email, Banner Web, and Canvas accounts.
Hanford & Tulare Learning Resource Center
Location: Hanford Campus - Education Building | Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Location: Tulare Campus - Upstairs in Building A | Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
|Phone: Hanford: (559) 583-2538 | Tulare: (559) 688-3087|
The Hanford Education Center LRC and the Tulare College Center LRC offer Library, computer lab, General Tutorial, Math Lab and Writing Center services. Additional subject tutoring is available upon request. The Libraries in both locations offer a print collection based on the course offerings of the campus; students may also request library materials from the any campus through the interlibrary loan system.