Associate of Science in Information Communication Technology (AS)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment in the field of Information Communication Technology through the study of Network Hardware, Software, Design, Maintenance, and Security. Students will acquire skills in Supporting and Managing Network Systems in Microsoft and Cisco platforms.
- At the end of this program, students will be able to design, support, and manage network systems.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: Help Desk Technician, and Network Support role in business operations.
This degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS||25|
College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE) *
|REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES||37|
|BUS/COMM 112||Public Speaking for Business||4|
|BUS 184||Business Communications||3|
|COMP 006||Programming Fundamentals||3|
|COMP 233||Database Processing||3|
|ICT 201||PC Repair and Maintenance||4|
|ICT 221||CISCO Academy 1||4|
|ICT 222||CISCO Academy 2||4|
|or ICT 210||Intro Microsoft Windows Server|
|ICT 223||CISCO Academy 3||4|
|or ICT 211||Microsoft Windows Server Pt 2|
|ICT 224||CISCO Academy 4||4|
|or ICT 212||Advanced Windows Server|
|ICT 230||Network Security Fundamentals||4|
Select additional courses numbered 1-299 to achieve 60 units
Courses meet General Education requirements and 3 units may double count above in 1 (COS-GE).
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair),
- General Education requirements,
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).