Associate of Science in Graphic Design (AS)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment in the field of Graphic Design through the study of graphic design, art, and computers. Students will acquire skills in creating and appraising graphic design and integrated graphics utilizing the computer software Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign.
- Create and appraise graphic designs related to graphic design applications, integrated graphics, digital imaging for artists, and web page design and development utilizing various graphic design computer programs such as Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: Graphic Design and Graphic Arts.
This degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS|
|College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE) *||25|
|ART 006||Color and Design *||3|
|ART 008||Drawing Fundamentals||3|
|GD 100||Introduction to Graphic Design||4|
|GD 101||Graphic Design I||3|
|GD 102||Digital Imaging Design I||3|
|GD 203||Publication Design I||3|
|GD 204||Graphic Design II||3|
|GD 205||Digital Imaging Design II||3|
|GD 206||Publication Design II||3|
|GD 207||Typography & Label Design||3|
|GD 208||Commercial Illustration||3|
|GD 209||Integrated Graphics||4|
Courses meet General Education requirements and 3 units may double count above in COS-GE.
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair),
- General Education requirements,
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).