Certificate of Achievement in Fire Technology
This certificate prepares students for entry-level employment in the field of Fire Technology. Students completing this certificate will acquire skills necessary for employment or advancement as an entry-level firefighter or other positions in the field of fire protection and prevention.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with supervisors, peers, and the public.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of fire development, cause, and prevention.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the principles of fire control and wildland fire control through the utilization of personnel, equipment, extinguishing agents on the fire ground.
- Apply the theory and principles for the use of water in fire suppression activities, including hydraulic principles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazardous materials containment principles.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be prepared for employment in the following fields: firefighter, firefighter/paramedic, fire investigation, fire prevention and public education.
|REQUIRED CERTIFICATE COURSES|
|EMT 251||Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)||6|
|FIRE 155||Fire Behavior and Combustion||3|
|FIRE 159||Introduction to Fire Protection Organizations||3|
|FIRE 163||Fundamentals of Fire Protection Equipment and Systems||3|
|FIRE 182||Building Construction for Fire Safety||3|
|FIRE 270||Basic Firefighter 1 Academy||15|
The Certificate of Achievement requirements include completion of the certificate courses with a “C” or better grade in each course. Units for classes which are duplicated in the above sections may not be considered in more than one section.