Associate of Arts in Dramatic Arts - Technical (AA)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment and/or potential further study in the field of Dramatic Arts - Technical through the study of stagecraft, costuming, makeup and lighting. Students will acquire skills in set construction, costume construction, lighting design/plot and makeup design and application.
- Apply historical context to a technical aspect of a production.
- Critically analyze the technical component(s) of a publicly produced production.
- Synthesize implementation of physical, visual, and/or aural elements within a production in front of an audience.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: stage run crew, light/sound board operator, stage electrician/carpenter/welder, scenic artist and wardrobe/makeup crew.
This degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS||25|
College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE) *
|REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES||26-27|
|DRAM 001||Introduction to the Theatre *||3|
|DRAM 002||Fundamentals of Acting 1||4|
|or DRAM 003||Fundamentals of Acting 2|
|DRAM 013||Beginning Stagecraft||3|
|DRAM 015||Beginning Stage Lighting||3|
|DRAM 019||Rehearsal and Performance - Classical||2|
|DRAM 020||Music Theatre Rehearsal and Performance - Classical||2|
|DRAM 021||Rehearsal and Performance - Contemporary||2|
|DRAM 022||One Act Play Production||2|
Select eight units from the following courses:
|DRAM 014||Intermediate Stagecraft||3|
|DRAM 016||Intermediate Stage Lighting||3|
|CINA 031||Film Appreciation-American||3|
|CINA 032||Film Appreciation-International||3|
Select additional degree applicable courses numbered 1-299 to achieve 60 units.
Courses meet General Education requirements and 3 units may double count above in COS-GE.
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair),
- General Education requirements,
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).