Associate of Science in Agricultural Business Management (AS)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment and/or potential further study in the field of Agricultural Business Management through the study of sales and service, marketing, accounting, economics, computer applications and management. Students will acquire communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary to effectively contribute to the agriculture business environment.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills necessary to be successful in the agriculture business industry.
- Develop critical thinking skills essential to contributing to the dynamic agribusiness environment.
- Apply knowledge of economic and accounting principles to assist in agribusiness decision-making
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: assistant bookkeeper, assistant farm manager, ranch assistant, entry-level analyst, assessor, marketing assistant, agriculture sales and production management assistant.
The degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS||25|
College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE) *
|REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES||24|
|AGMT 001||Agriculture Economics *||3|
|AGMT 005||Agriculture Managerial Accounting||3|
|AGMT 006||Agriculture Sector Analysis||3|
|AGMT 102||Ag Sales and Marketing||3|
|AGMT 103||Introduction to Agriculture Business||3|
|AGMT 104||Agriculture Accounting||3|
|AGMT 108||Ag Business Computer Applications||3|
|WEXP 193 F||Agriculture Wrk Exp-1st Sem||3|
Select additional degree applicable courses numbered 1-299 to achieve 60 units.
Course meets General Education requirement and 3 units may double count above in COS-GE.
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair).
- General Education requirements.
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).