Certificate of Achievement in Industrial Maintenance Technology
This certificate prepares students for entry-level employment in the fields of industrial maintenance, industrial machine operation, industrial electrician, corrections facilities maintenance, hospital engineer, and food service machine technicians. Students completing this certificate will acquire employment skills in the area of electricity, motor controls and programmable motor drives, programmable logic controllers, hydraulics/pneumatics, industrial mechanics, machining, refrigeration and boilers, and welding.
- Identify, design, and troubleshoot an industrial electrical circuit with a multi-meter to industrial standards.
- Read a print, repair and maintain the mechanical components of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits found in industrial machines to like new condition.
- Design, program, and troubleshoot both programmable logic controllers (PLC), and variable frequency drives (VFD). This is accomplished in single phase and three phase circuits.
- Weld in three modes: MIG, STICK, and TIG to industrial maintenance standards.
- Have additional entry level job skills in: machining, boilers, refrigeration, mechanics, motor control, and fabrication.
- Possess entry-level job skills necessary to program controllers in the industry.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be prepared for employment in the following fields: industrial maintenance technician, industrial machine operator, industrial electrician, corrections facilities maintenance, hospital engineer, and food service machine technician.
|REQUIRED CERTIFICATE COURSES||30|
|ITEC 110||Electricity and Electronics||3|
|ITEC 111||Manufacturing Processes||3|
|ITEC 112||Welding Principles 1||4|
|ITEC 120||Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|ITEC 213||Industrial Mechanics||5|
|ITEC 222||Automated Controls||5|
|ITEC 223||Welding Principles 2||4|
|ITEC 224||Hydraulics and Pneumatics||3|
The courses below are suggestions and are completely voluntary. See instructor for supervision before adding.
|WEXP 193 M||Maint Tech Wrk Exp-1st Sem||4|
|WEXP 194 M||Maint Tech Wrk Exp-2nd Sem||4|
|WEXP 195 M||Maint Tech Wrk Exp-3rd Sem||4|
|WEXP 196 M||Maint Tech Wrk Exp-4th Sem||2-4|
The Certificate of Achievement requirements include completion of the certificate courses with a “C” or better grade in each course. Required and support courses may be substituted with the approval of the Industry & Technology Division Chair.