Associate of Science in Environmental Control Technology (HVAC) (AS)
This degree prepares students for entry-level employment in the field of Environmental Control Technology through the study of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration. Students will acquire skills in air conditioning, heating and refrigeration troubleshooting and repair.
- Read and interpret an electrical schematic.
- Troubleshoot a basic heating and air conditioning system.
- Troubleshoot a basic heating system.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be prepared for careers or employment in the following fields: HVAC/R technician, sales, service and repair.
This degree is not designed for transfer; however, the courses included in this degree may be transferable and apply to other degrees designed for transfer.
|GENERAL EDUCATION AND SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS||25|
College of the Sequoias' Associate Degree General Education (COS-GE)
|REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES||32|
|ECT 242||Air Conditioning Sheet Metal||4|
|ECT 280||Elec. & Controls for HVAC||4|
|ECT 281||Basic Air Conditioning||12|
|ECT 282||Adv Air Cond/Refrig Com/Dom||12|
Select additional degree applicable courses numbered 1-299 to achieve 60 units
The Associate Degree requirements include completion of the:
- Required major courses and restricted elective courses with a "C" or better grade in each course (required and restricted elective courses may be substituted with the approval of the Division Chair),
- General Education requirements,
- Subject requirements including PE, Health & Wellness, and American Institutions, and
- A minimum of 60 units of degree applicable courses numbered 1-299, at least 12 of which must be taken in residence at College of the Sequoias, with a "C" (2.0) average (see Associate Degree Requirements for additional details).